This is my first quarter with James Lough and I’m learning that he is a very interesting man. For those of you who are unaware, Dr. Lough is the chair of the writing department here at SCAD. He is teaching my Writing for the Arts I class this quarter.
His utterances are often startling and thought-provoking. For that reason, I’ve decided to compile a list of his quotes:
- “Austrians are just Germans in drag.”
- “There was a middle-aged, overweight woman in a polyester smock, fingers blackened from gambling, holding margarine tubs full of coins, licking her lips.” – On a woman he’d seen in a casino in Reno
- “Jim Morrison performs like a snake having sex.”
- “I was seduced by a parrot.”
- “Jean stayed on his side. He was as embarrassed as I was. It was kind of cute.”
Many more to come. If you have any of your own Lough quotes, post them here.