My friends and I had Ladies’ Night last night which involved a little bit of cooking, curling our hair, and lots of champagne. I decided to make an appetizer, but after surfing the Web for recipes for an hour the night before, I became really overwhelmed. I e-mailed my aunt Linda who owns Port D’Hiver Bed and Breakfast in Melbourne Beach, FL (shameless plug, I know) and asked her for suggestions. She sent me this recipe for a delicious chicken alfredo roll.
small jar of alfredo sauce
small pack of cooked chicken breast
medium bag of mozzarella cheese
tube of rolled pizza dough (usually next to the crescent rolls in the store)
(1/2) tsp. water
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Open tube, roll the pizza dough and flatten out a little. I usually do this on a cookie sheet sprayed with PAM.
- Spoon the alfredo sauce thinly over the dough but leaving 1 inch border around the edge.
- Chop the chicken breast into little pieces and sprinkle over sauce (you can add canned mushrooms to this step if you like them and it dresses it up a bit).
- Then sprinkle a good amount of cheese over this.
- Beginning at the short end, carefully roll the pizza dough just like you would a sleeping bag. When you finish pinch the ends to seal in the sauce.
- Whisk egg and water in a small bowl. Brush egg mixture (called an “egg wash”) over the dough. This step is optional, but it makes the roll much prettier.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Let sit for 5- 10 minutes before you slice it or it will be too gooey.
You can throw all kinds of stuff in there, whatever you have leftover. You can shop an onion, red and green peppers, zucchini or squash and saute or microwave it with a little butter for a few minutes until soft and sprinkle it in with the chicken. Or get a can of little black olives and sprinkle those around. Have left over cooked broccoli? Chop it up and throw it in there. The more the merrier!