If there’s one thing I can say about the writing majors, it’s that we pay very close attention in class. Not necessarily to take notes on the lectures (although we do that too), but mostly, we wait for our professors to say something hilarious so we can write it down and savor it, or for many, Tweet it. These one-liners are what we live for, and they make the 12-hour day of classes go by much faster.
Here is my collection of quotes from this Winter quarter.
- “It’s like comparing apples to oranges and that’s not very fruitful.”
- “Smells like tuna, tastes like chicken.”
- “It’s a dumbass religion” – on Rastafarianism
- “I just thought of a band: Sudan Somers.”
- “How can you turn down billionairism?”
- “Hyenas have dildos.”
- “Jesus could not drive a stick.”
- “This is one big incest fest: Incestival.”
- “Travis doesn’t play Second Life. He’s barely interested in his one life.”
- “This is like food porn” – on thisiswhyyourefat.com
- “They’re men, all they need is a pulse.” – Kama
4 thoughts on “Ever wonder what writing majors do in class?”
My dear Sarah!
Give yourself credit for the “Incestival!” That was all you. 🙂
How did Beth not have more zingers? She’s totally the queen. This was so funny, I laughed out loud. Incetival was my favorite 🙂 You have got to keep stock-piling these quotes. I got a big kick out of this!
Yeah I guess I do have to take credit for Incestival. Thanks guys!
Oh, my God. This blog was great. I love you. All I can hear is Elyse yelling, “Someone tweet that!”